i've been volunteering down on a farm called 'the homeless garden project' here in santa cruz for a while, and I am currently researching agricultural sustainability, and I think that I would like to combine social justice, sustainability, and gardens in my life.
its getting me really pumped. and the whole idea of sustainable agriculture, and how it fits into the modern paradigm, why it came about, what it hopes to accomplish, seems very intriguing and interesting. i think it isn't entirely perfect too, and i know that. but i would love to some how work on farms for change as a lifestyle.
i am really looking forward to working on my uncle's farm in Maryland this summer, even though he only grows a few things like wheat and hay.
for the first time, i am kind of excited about what the future might hold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment